Friday, December 31, 2010

Stitchy gifts

Two of my Christmas presents from husband this year were sewing-related! Because he's such a good listener! I got a walking foot for my machine and new cutting blades for my rotary cutter. I am going to put these to good use in the coming new year!

As a gift to myself, I ticked off another to-do from my list. I made new ironing board covers! My old ones were GROSS! See the goop, stains and sticky spots? My big board was a main crafting surface before my mom gifted me her AWESOME sewing table when they moved to a smaller house. So my ironing board cover had tacky glue, hot glue, fusible webbing and all sorts of stuff stuck on it. Ew!

My new covers are clean, fresh, and THEY MATCH! My little ironing board stays out on my sewing table, the big one is put away most of the time unless I have big things to iron.Cute!

No comments: